Here are just some of what you'll learn...
- Correct technique and exercises to keep you from being injured
- Every real-world trick I know to easily read standard notation and tablature
- All the chords you’ll ever need
- Improvisation techniques so you can enjoy the purest form of music
- All the cool little tricks that make you sound like a pro
- Songs you want to learn in your favorite genres
- Groove and strumming exercises to keep you out of a rhythm rut
- The real building blocks of music so you have a deeper understanding and a better performance
Basically, I’ll give you my college music education. And I’ll show it to you in a way that will allow you to teach yourself in the future. You won’t be left in the dark about how or why we’re doing anything and you’ll find each new concept immediately useful.
"Learning to play guitar with Phil has been a lot of fun. I am a complete musical novice, plus I have a demanding full-time job, so he’s needed to be both patient and extremely flexible. In addition to the usual “book learning,” he asked me to find and taught me songs I wanted to learn, which was a nice break from the “Grade 1″ selections. Quite comfortable and knowledgable in a wide variety of musical tastes and styles, Phil is definitely worth talking to if you’re looking for a fantastic music teacher."
- Alan L.